Thursday, July 05, 2007

Richard and Judy TV Horror Show Scoops Debut Film Role for Real Life Barbie

A UK woman who has had more than £200,000-worth of cosmetic surgery has been cherry picked for a leading role in a UK horror film after being unable to disguise her anger during a live TV interview.

46-year old Sarah Burge from St. Neots near Cambridge was one of three interviewees invited to debate the issue of cosmetic surgery on the live show aired on Friday 30th March which also featured award-winning comedian Ricky Gervais.

But as the interview progressed Sarah’s answers were rudely talked over by the hosts and afterwards she was completely ignored by celebrity-obsessed production team at the end of series party.

Sarah, who is famous for her surgically-enhanced body, received hundreds of emails from fans upset that she’d been so poorly treated on the show.

She said,

“I was bloody furious! Before I went on air I was completely blanked by both the hosts – despite greeting them. And Richard Madeley blanked me as I greeted him again in the post show party. I wasn’t expecting the red carpet treatment but a little common courtesy would have been nice.

“This world is new to me. You think these people are wonderful and approachable when you watch them on TV – but my experience is the exact opposite.

“Ricky Gervais was one of the guests that night – and the whole crew were fawning round him like he was royalty. But Gervais could barely summon a grunt as he skulked around like the whole event was beneath him.”

Sarah’s supressed anger during the interview demonstrated qualities award-winning film maker Martin Marshall from NRG Films wanted for a key role in a new horror film.

The film called ‘Psycho Surgeon’ will go into production later this year and will be screened at film festivals throughout the world. Sarah plays the part of a cosmetic surgeon who takes people’s body parts for herself.

Martin Marshall said,

“The role is perfect for Sarah. To be honest I rarely watch the Richard and Judy programme. But as the interview progressed there was something engaging about her. The cosmetic surgery link is a complete co-incidence. All I know is that she looks great on screen and audiences will love her.”

Sarah’s previous national UK media appearances on GMTV, Radio 5 and Radio 4 have generated hundreds of thousands of hits on her website www.reallifebarbie.com. And she hopes her big screen opportunity will be equally well received.

Sarah adds,

“The new film role has made the whole sorry event worthwhile. It’s a wonderful new opportunity for me so I’m happy to let bygones be bygones with Richard and Judy. In fact, I’d be happy to appear as a guest when I promote the film launch. I’d even waive my fee in return for a little courtesy!”

ENDS

No comments: