Thursday, July 05, 2007

Is Sarah the UK’s Oldest Woman to Prove She’s 18 Year’s Old?


A 46-year-old mother of three from St Neots in Cambridgeshire has been asked for proof of age at her local Tesco store. She is believed to be the oldest woman in the country to prove that she is old enough to buy alcohol.

Sarah Burge said,

“It has been almost 30 years since I was last asked to prove my age before this! At first I was stunned. But when it had all sunk in I was actually delighted. I’ve invested a lot of time and energy in my appearance and it’s not unusual for people to think I’m younger than I am.

“But to think I might have passed for under 18 is absolutely wonderful. I could have kissed the assistant! I’m going to buy all my alcohol at Tesco from now on!”

Sarah Burge is already famous for having more than £180,000-worth of cosmetic surgery and is often referred to in the media as The Real Life Barbie.

She has recently enjoyed widespread UK TV and radio exposure, whilst national newspaper articles have been syndicated all over the world. Coverage as far a field as Italy, Singapore, Norway, Australia, New Zealand and Russia have seen her www.reallifebarbie.com website receive as many as 20,000 visitors a day.

A Tesco spokesman said,

"We are delighted Sarah enjoyed being ID'd at Tesco. We have strict procedures in place for the sale of alcohol. Think 21 means that our staff check the age of all customers looking to buy alcohol and anyone who looks under 21, as opposed to 18, will be asked to provide proof of age."

ENDS

No comments: